Salutations! First off I would like to apologize for not posting in awhile. My life can be kind of hectic, and some times I get distracted by side projects.
I will be glad when the Holidays are all over, and my life can return to a bit more normalcy. The house is in need of a deep cleaning, and so is the car for that matter.
I love winter, but I hate the lack of sunshine. Its depressing. I have very little time in the sun during the day, and most of that is in the car. I think I need to get a sun lamp or something so I can feel like I’ve been outside, at least for a little bit.
So on to the point of this post, the holidays!
I realize its after Christmas, but I intended
on posting shortly before the holiday.
There are a lot of things I am thankful for. I want to take a moment and list some of them out here. I know a lot of these are cliche.
- Jesus Christ, and his sacrifice so that I can have a relationship with our heavenly father.
- My children, they are such a blessing, even if they drive me crazy at times.
- My family, without whom I wouldn’t be who I am or where I am today.
- My friends, I love you all, and I am so very blessed to have you as a part of my life.
- My wonderful job, at a fantastic employer. I have been so blessed to be able to work for this company.
- That my children have had time to get to know their cousins, grandma, and great-grandmother better.
- My mom for all of the things she has done for me over the years, and the things she has ben doing to help with the children. She has gone so far above and beyond what anyone should have to do for their family.
- Pastor James. God has used that man so much in my life. He has been a blessing and a beacon in my life. I miss him and my family over at Grace church. God used them so much in my life.
- My Dad. He has changed a lot since I was a child. He has been a blessing these last few years, I know him better now than I did as a child.
- My step-mother, Jennie, she has taught me a lot and has helped my dad work through a lot and become a better man.
- My maternal grandmother has been a blessing throughout my entire life, beyond anything which I have the words to describe. She helped to raise my siblings and I.
I could go on and on about the things I am thankful for, but then I wouldn’t get to the other things I wanted to post about tonight.
We were very blessed this year for Christmas. We were chosen as an Angel tree family. The out pouring of generosity from people we do not even know. They provided a bunch of food, gifts for the kids, and even gifts for myself. It was very humbling to need to accept those gifts. In the future I pray to be the giver, and not the receiver. It renews in me the need to give to others because I have been so richly blessed.
My friends, and my family helped to provide for my family as well. It has been a very rough year for us, and I’m genuinely happy for the outpouring of generosity and support.
We have been blessed well beyond what I even deserve. Thank you God for your provision and generosity.